In ear monitors

Jeff Burns-3
I have been using the Koss Plug earphones with my K2. When the earplugs are
new they are not very comfortable. When the earplugs wear out they get
reasonably comfortable, but do not block out sound as well.

I am thinking of getting a pair of custom fitted in-ear monitors. The only
ones I have found that are reasonably priced are the Challenger phones
available here:

http://store.yahoo.com/earplugstore/chmisearph.html

or

http://69.36.163.112/racing.mainpage.html

Has anyone ever used these? What do you think?

For the price of these earphones I could get the ProSet - K2. Any comments
about the comfort, quality, and sound isolation of this headset would be
appreciated.

Jeff Burns

AD9T

Re: In ear monitors

dmb@lightstream.net
Jeff,

Here's some interesting information, on 'Etymotic' (tm) brand earphone
models...
http://www.headphone.com/layout.php?topicID=13&subTopicID=64

73, Dale WA8SRA

[hidden email] wrote:

>I have been using the Koss Plug earphones with my K2. When the earplugs are
>new they are not very comfortable. When the earplugs wear out they get
>reasonably comfortable, but do not block out sound as well.
>

>I am thinking of getting a pair of custom fitted in-ear monitors. The only
>ones I have found that are reasonably priced are the Challenger phones
>available here:
>

>http://store.yahoo.com/earplugstore/chmisearph.html
>
>or
>
>http://69.36.163.112/racing.mainpage.html
>

>Has anyone ever used these? What do you think?
>

>For the price of these earphones I could get the ProSet - K2. Any comments
>about the comfort, quality, and sound isolation of this headset would be
>appreciated.
>

>Jeff Burns
>
>AD9T

Re: In ear monitors

Bob Baxter-2

[hidden email] wrote:

>I have been using the Koss Plug earphones with my K2. When the earplugs are
>new they are not very comfortable. When the earplugs wear out they get
>reasonably comfortable, but do not block out sound as well.

In the latest QRP Quarterly is an idea for modifying the Koss Plug with
"Silencio" earplugs from WalMart part # SDI-1012 for under $2.  The mod
is cutting the plugs off the retaining string and making a hole.  I used
this type of earplug working around running aircraft engines and they
are very good sound blockers and more comfortable than the Koss plugs.
As usual YMMV.
Bob Baxter AA7EQ