Increased Elecraft orders from Europe

Robert Boerhorst
Ref. query Eric Swartz, WA6HHQ, Elecraft.
On the yearly "HF-day" held on 18 september last in Apeldoorn, The Netherlands, there was a special lecture about the K2 with all the adds-on by a Dutch ham and there was also a presentation of the "Banaba DX-expedition (T33)" held in april 2004 given by two Dutch hams who were part of the team. A number of  K2/100's were used during this expedition and the Dutch amateurs were very positive about the performance of the K2's. (Far above their expectations they had before the start of the expedition. They never had worked before with a K2).
This meeting is always attended by several HF/DX operators, so the good word on Elecraft kits is spread in the Dutch HF world.

Occasions like these where people hear "first hand" (favourable) experiences combined with the present relatively cheap US dollar versus the Euro are in my opinion the important figures for increased ordering of Elecraft kits from Europe.

In my local radio club with 60 members there are 3 K2 owners. (5 %). I don't think that is reprentative for the total Dutch ham population of about 15.000, but the number of Elecraft users is growing in my country.

73/72,
Rob, PA0RBO

Re: Increased Elecraft orders from Europe

Peter-64
> In my local radio club with 60 members there are 3 K2 owners. (5 %). I don't think that is reprentative for the total Dutch ham population of about 15.000, but the number of Elecraft users is growing in my country.

Here at PI4CC with 17 members we have 4 K2 units! Thats neary 25%
Hope to work you all during the cqww cw.

Running Multi/Single K2 only setup (serial 4146 and 4147)

Peter