Interfacing an old MM transverter

g3yjr
I have connected the receive line from the transverter to the Transverter In BNC connector on the back of the rig. When I set that transverter to a low power setting the receive works fine, but there is insufficient power to drive the separate transmit line to the transverter.

When I choose H2.5W, I can drive the transmit via the Ant1 socket, but the Transverter In socket seems disabled, so recieve no longer works.

How do I configure the K3 so that I get 2.5W drive out and a separate receive IF line which works?

Re: Interfacing an old MM transverter

Joe Subich, W4TV-4

 > How do I configure the K3 so that I get 2.5W drive out and a separate
 > receive IF line which works?

Connect the receive line to RX ANT IN and press the RX ANT button.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

On 2014-06-15 10:28 AM, g3yjr wrote:

> I have connected the receive line from the transverter to the Transverter In
> BNC connector on the back of the rig. When I set that transverter to a low
> power setting the receive works fine, but there is insufficient power to
> drive the separate transmit line to the transverter.
>
> When I choose H2.5W, I can drive the transmit via the Ant1 socket, but the
> Transverter In socket seems disabled, so recieve no longer works.
>
> How do I configure the K3 so that I get 2.5W drive out and a separate
> receive IF line which works?

> Message delivered to [hidden email]

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Interfacing an old MM transverter

When you use the high power setting on the K3, the most obvious solution
is to change the transverter to a single RX/TX IF connection.
If that is not possible, connect the RX IF line from the transverter to
the RX ANT input and select the RX antenna for that transverter band.

On 6/15/2014 10:28 AM, g3yjr wrote:

> I have connected the receive line from the transverter to the Transverter In
> BNC connector on the back of the rig. When I set that transverter to a low
> power setting the receive works fine, but there is insufficient power to
> drive the separate transmit line to the transverter.
>
> When I choose H2.5W, I can drive the transmit via the Ant1 socket, but the
> Transverter In socket seems disabled, so recieve no longer works.
>
> How do I configure the K3 so that I get 2.5W drive out and a separate
> receive IF line which works?

> Message delivered to [hidden email]

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Interfacing an old MM transverter

g3yjr
Thanks Joe & Don. I had forgotten about the RX ANT connection. I have a pre-amp conncted to RX ANT in/out, but I think I can daisy-chain the transverter through the pre-amp by-pass connection.  The back of the K3 is getting busy!

Thanks for your help.