K1-2 Problems

Scott McDowell-3
Hello

I just finished building a K1-2 and am having a problem that I
need some help with.
When I turn it on,  it comes on with the E-42 message on the
display. If I press the band switch the display shows the band
it is tuned to. I can double press the band button and it will
change bands. But what ever I do it always comes back to the
E42 message. I assume that the VFO isn't working.
I have checked the voltage on every pin of every IC in the rig and
they all are within a few tenths of a volt of what the manual says
they should be.

When I touch pins 4 or 5 of RF- U2 or pins 3 and 8 of RF U3 with
a voltmeter probe I get broadcast statons at a good volume, but
other than that I just get noise. I can never change to any other
stations.The display never shows a frequency that it is tuned to.

Any help appreciated.
Scott N5SM