K1-4 S/N:1977 coming along

Vin Cortina
Little by little, we are getting there.  I have conducted numerous tests,
including the first "power applied" test, and EVERYTHING is perfect.

I have a few pix here  http://home.hvc.rr.com/kr2f/kr2f_K1-4.html

I'm looking forward to the true test coming up soon.

Vin KR2F

Re: K1-4 S/N:1977 coming along

Larry Makoski W2LJ
Vin,

Thanks for the pictures!  Reminds me of when I built my K1.  I had a
real good time building it; and an even better time using it. Even
though I went on to purchase and build a K2; the K1 still remains my
"favorite".  I keep it in a padded case in my car and do a lot of
portable QRPing when the weather is nice and I get a chance.

One "hint and kink" that I would strongly advise if you haven't
considered already.  Get some pieces of felt from a cloth store; or from
the notion dept. of Wal-Mart or Target.  Cut on or two circles the same
or a bit smaller diameter of the main tuning knob and put them between
the knob and the front panel.  This creates just a tiny bit of drag
which makes the knob action feel better.

73 es good luck with the rest of the construction.  Maybe when you're
done we can have a K1 - K1 QSO.

73 de Larry W2LJ
K1 # 1647  K2 # 4090