K1-4 trimmer cap confusion -- an idea

Rob KK4R
Hello,

Well, I haven't had first hand experience with the "new trimmer caps", but
I have been reading the email.  Maybe this idea will make sense (apologies
if it doesn't).

If it is too hard to figure out visually which way to mount the trimmer
caps, why not use a meter.  I assume the adjustment screw side of the cap
should be grounded, so just find out which terminal connects to the screw
and make sure that terminal mounts to ground.

Rob
KK4R

Vin:

Just assembled K1 #1945 with the K1-4 option. Like you, I had some
questions about the new trimmer caps during assembly. I did my best with
understanding the directions and still installed them backwards ...
consistently though.

The only problem with installing them backwards is that you must use a
ceramic adjustment tool on alignment, or the adjustment tool causes the
frequency adjustment to be flawed.

Now, after having done it backwards, I'll just point you to the errata
sheet. It tells you the shape and which is considered the "flat" end. I
installed them backwards from the Errata sheet ... and don't remember which
now, but the Errata sheet is correct.

Hope this helps.

73,

gene KC0RXY