K1 Frequency range.

Stan AE7UT
This post was updated on .
I'm getting to the point I have to choose the frequency range.
I'm pretty new to CW, with about 5 months operating.
My favorite places have been 7.050'ish and 7.115'ish.
I would say 90% of my operating has been there because I'm usually on late at night.
I'm probably going to be using this rig for camping with a portable antenna so I'm sure I'll be using more of 30, 20 and 15 meters.

Any help would be very welcome.

TNX ES 73
Stan AE7UT.

Re: K1 Frequency range.

Stan AE7UT
Thanks for the help Gil.

Stan AE7UT

Re: K1 Frequency range.

AF6NI
You will want the wider range. It will cover the freqs you want on 40m and also allow you to get to WWV on 30m.

Re: K1 Frequency range.

Don Baucom
Stan,
I went with the smaller range. As you pick up speed, you will find yourself migrating to the lower portion of the band. Once you hit 20wpm, a couple of 8 wpm QSO's will use up all of your alloted shack time ( I assume your married). SOTA usually is not above .061 so your ok there. I have not tuned a K1 with the 150 spread, but mine is a joy to tune with the 80. very nice and spread out.

73
K4YND