K1 KFL1-4 Alignment Question

K Price
Been searching the archives and can not find an exact fit.  Sorry if it is a duplicate.

Up to this point all of the various checks have passed (e.g. resistance & voltage tests).  I aligned the receiver by using another rig to transmit into a dummy load and peaking the signals.  All appears well on 40, 30, 20 & 17 meters although 20 meters seems lighter in volume than the rest.

Now I am trying to align the transmitter.  Maybe it is late and I am new to all of this but what am I aiming for with "adjust c4, c6, cE, CF (etc) to maximum power output"?  If I go much above 2 watts it says I need to exit the tune mode and try again.  So does that mean I am aiming for 2 watts?  Or should I be trying to get my power out as high (5 watts) as possible?  My test equipment consists of a the W1 watt meter & a digital multi meter.  Should I just use the display on the k1?

Thanks in advance.

Keith Price (WA5LPW)
901-763-1275 (home) / 901-409-1432 (cell)

Micah 6:8 (NIV)
He has showed you, O man, what is good.
   And what does the LORD require of you?
   To act justly and to love mercy
   and to walk humbly with your God.

www.wa5lpw.com

FISTS Member # 12699,  SKCC # 3004
Flying Pig QRP # 1553,  NAQCC # 1797,  QRPARCI # 12927

Re: K1 KFL1-4 Alignment Question

Don Wilhelm-4
Keith,

You are looking for a peak - that is, the point in the adjustment range
where the output power goes down on each side of that point.
So, yes, you tune for maximum power output - but if the power goes too
much above 2 watts, exit from TUNE and re-enter (that will reset the
power to a lower level).  Continue  by repeating as many times as
necessary until you find the peak.

When the power level is high, the peak is not as obvious, so you are
likely to miss it.