K1 Kit

Phil Hystad-3
My summer project will likely be the K1 -- yet another fine Elecraft product to add to my QRP collection.  I hope to have a full 100 watts in QRP power someday.

Question:  I am not sure about the noise blanker option on the K1.  I never use the NB on any other rig except for the Icom 706 in my truck and there it does a good job.  I will not be using the K1 in the truck (or any vehicle) and I do not have a lot of spiky noise around here.

So, is there any other reason why the NB on the K1 would be useful?

73, phil, K7PEH

Re: K1 Kit

wayne burdick
Administrator
Hi Phil,

If you have a lack of noise at the intended operating location,
there's no reason to get the KNB1.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

On Feb 23, 2012, at 6:21 PM, Phil Hystad wrote:

> My summer project will likely be the K1 -- yet another fine Elecraft
> product to add to my QRP collection.  I hope to have a full 100
> watts in QRP power someday.
>
> Question:  I am not sure about the noise blanker option on the K1.
> I never use the NB on any other rig except for the Icom 706 in my
> truck and there it does a good job.  I will not be using the K1 in
> the truck (or any vehicle) and I do not have a lot of spiky noise
> around here.
>
> So, is there any other reason why the NB on the K1 would be useful?
>
> 73, phil, K7PEH

Re: K1 Kit

Phil Hystad-3
Wayne,

Thanks.  I was sort of thinking that but I learned to appreciate how much "power" you guys seem to pack into the smallest little features so I didn't know if maybe the KNB1 also might have provided some other useful function besides a noise blanker.

73, phil, K7PEH