K1 LCD backlight foam etc

ki4bbl
Is the LCD backlight only held to the foam pad by that 1/8 strip?
Also, I am finding it difficult to soldr the anode cathode to the
jumper and resistor...any suggestions?

Thanks

Greg Doughty
Ki4bbl

Greg
ki4bbl

Re: K1 LCD backlight foam etc

Don Wilhelm-4
Greg,

I assume you mean the 1/8 inch thick double adhesive strip - if so, the
answer is yes, that is what holds the backlight in place.  Position it
properly on the first try because that double sided foam tape is
difficult to remove if you do it wrong - follow the instructions precisely.

In what way are you finding it "difficult to solder"?  Just pre-tin the
lead and the lead of the resistor/wire, then lay the resistor/wire next
to the backlight lead and apply a bit more solder - task done.  It is
the pre-tinning that makes the process easy.  Pre-shape the components
so they lay in contact with each other before you start helps a lot too.