K1 Stand Screw Size

AA4W
Hello all,

I have a K1 and I’m building a bracket to tilt the rig on my desk.

I am having trouble figuring out the size of the screw for the side of the radio.

I’m thinking it’s a #8 but it starts tight and I’m afraid to force it.

Anyone know the proper screw?

Thanks,

Rick
AA4W
Crescent City, FL

Re: K1 Stand Screw Size

Don Wilhelm-4
Rick,

According to the KTS1 manual, it is 10-32.
Both the diameter, and the thread pitch must match.  Common hardware at
the DIY store may be 10-24.

On 4/25/2012 8:50 AM, Rick Lloyd wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have a K1 and I’m building a bracket to tilt the rig on my desk.
>
> I am having trouble figuring out the size of the screw for the side of the radio.
>
> I’m thinking it’s a #8 but it starts tight and I’m afraid to force it.
>
> Anyone know the proper screw?
>
> Thanks,

Re: K1 Stand Screw Size

Randy Moore
A good hobby shop will carry 10-32 hardware.

73,
Randy, KS4L

On Apr 25, 2012, at 8:01 AM, Don Wilhelm <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Rick,
>
> According to the KTS1 manual, it is 10-32.
> Both the diameter, and the thread pitch must match.  Common hardware at
> the DIY store may be 10-24.
>
> 73,
> Don W3FPR

Re: K1 Stand Screw Size

AA4W
Thanks for the replies,

The K1 manual doesn't mention the side bolt, as I could tell.

But I was sure someone had a KST2 manual.

I'm good to go, now.

Regards,

Rick
AA4W

According to the KTS1 manual, it is 10-32.
Both the diameter, and the thread pitch must match.  Common hardware at
the DIY store may be 10-24.

On 4/25/2012 8:50 AM, Rick Lloyd wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have a K1 and I’m building a bracket to tilt the rig on my desk.
>
> I am having trouble figuring out the size of the screw for the side of the
> radio.
>
> I’m thinking it’s a #8 but it starts tight and I’m afraid to force it.
>
> Anyone know the proper screw?
>
> Thanks,

Re: K1 Stand Screw Size

Don Wilhelm-4
If there are any manuals that you do not have, just go to the Elecraft
website and download whichever one you are interested in.

On 4/25/2012 11:00 AM, Rick Lloyd wrote:
> Thanks for the replies,
>
> The K1 manual doesn't mention the side bolt, as I could tell.
>
> But I was sure someone had a KST2 manual.
>
> I'm good to go, now.

Re: K1 Stand Screw Size

K8QI
You might want to download the instructions for the KTS1 stand.
Looking at my parts inventory sheet for my KTS1, it looks like its a 10-32 1/2 inch long.
73
Barry K8QI