K1 Success!

John J. Bahun
Thanks to all on the reflector who has helped me in the birth of K1 S/N 1883 - It is FANTASTIC!

Worked my first QSO last evening on 40 meters with W7JVY - Paul in Half Moon Bay CA...

He had a booming signal - I received an S6 - not bad for feeding half an inverted vee only up about 15 feet!

The ATU on the K1 really works well - I am really happy with the receiver also - Very hot indeed!

Thanks to Elecraft and all who was here for me during the build - I only have the Noise Blanker board to build now   ;( >

Most certainly gonna get a K2 to build as soon as I can.

Hope to hear you all on the bands soon.

73 - WB8UFA / 7

JB

K1 - #1883