K1 : W3FPR K2 Fixed Audio ??

wf8o
I have a K1 that is about a year old.  Love it.  Sometimes I like to use the K1EL K42 keyer with it.
This keyer is a CW Keyboard and a Morse Reader coupled to a dynamite good Message Memory function.
This setup works very well. But presently, I am using a splitter off of the headphone jack.  This is usable,
but a "line level" fixed output would be nice to have.  Has anyone already solved this issue?  It seems that the W3FPR circuit and a 1/8" jack next to the keyer jack would work.  Audio could be tapped off of the (input/output) of the existing LM386 through a suitable cap. - I think.  Any thoughts??

Sincerely,

Mike Narges
WF8O

Re: K1 : W3FPR K2 Fixed Audio ??

Joe Subich, W4TV-4

> It seems that the W3FPR circuit and a 1/8" jack next to the keyer
> jack would work. Audio could be tapped off of the (input/output) of
> the existing LM386 through a suitable cap. - I think. Any thoughts??

Since you specify the W3FPR circuit and "fixed level" audio, you would
want to make any connection *before* the AF Pot.  My guess is that the
best results would be obtained by connecting the W3FPR circuit across
the AF Pot (pins 2 and 3 of P1 on the RF board) exactly as the circuit
is used in the K2.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

On 5/7/2012 11:12 AM, wf8o wrote:

> I have a K1 that is about a year old.  Love it.  Sometimes I like to use the
> K1EL K42 keyer with it.
> This keyer is a CW Keyboard and a Morse Reader coupled to a dynamite good
> Message Memory function.
> This setup works very well. But presently, I am using a splitter off of the
> headphone jack.  This is usable,
> but a "line level" fixed output would be nice to have.  Has anyone already
> solved this issue?  It seems that the W3FPR circuit and a 1/8" jack next to
> the keyer jack would work.  Audio could be tapped off of the (input/output)
> of the existing LM386 through a suitable cap. - I think.  Any thoughts??
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Mike Narges
> WF8O

Re: K1 : W3FPR K2 Fixed Audio ??

Don Wilhelm-4
Joe's selection of points to connect is good IMHO.  I believe you want
the point to be after the muting.

>> It seems that the W3FPR circuit and a 1/8" jack next to the keyer
>> jack would work. Audio could be tapped off of the (input/output) of
>> the existing LM386 through a suitable cap. - I think. Any thoughts??
> Since you specify the W3FPR circuit and "fixed level" audio, you would
> want to make any connection *before* the AF Pot.  My guess is that the
> best results would be obtained by connecting the W3FPR circuit across
> the AF Pot (pins 2 and 3 of P1 on the RF board) exactly as the circuit
> is used in the K2.
>
> 73,
>
>      ... Joe, W4TV

Re: K1 : W3FPR K2 Fixed Audio ??

wf8o
Thanks a lot guys.  I thought that would work.  I'll give it a try.  Once again, thanks.  Sorry for inadvertently not posting this in K!.

tnx  73 de Mike WF8O