K1 and buddistick

ki4bbl
Hello all
My family is going to stay at a house in corolla n.c. for a week.  I have a K1 with atu and stand, but not the right antenna.  Anyone have experience with the buddistick?  I only use 20 and 40 meters.

Thanks
Greg ki4bbl

Greg
ki4bbl

Re: K1 and buddistick

John Ragle
I have used both the Buddistick and the Buddipole. The B'pole was used
insidethe house at the ground level on 20 meter CW and PSK. It worked
about as you would expect a low trap dipole to work...I made contacts
with it until my "outside" situation improved. The high launching angle
was evident. I would think that a simple wire half-wave dipole would
work, hung e.g. from the diagonally opposite corners of a room. Another
wire antenna to consider would be an off-center fed dipole. Both these
wire dipoles are lots less expensive than the Buddi-duo.

John Ragle -- W1ZI

=====

On 8/15/2010 5:18 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hello all
> My family is going to stay at a house in corolla n.c. for a week.  I have a K1 with atu and stand, but not the right antenna.  Anyone have experience with the buddistick?  I only use 20 and 40 meters.

Re: K1 and buddistick

AC7AC
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.