K1 lost power on 15m

G4GTU
I recently lost about 75% power out on 15m on my K1-4 (#1219) for no
apparent reason. Regardless of the 'out' setting, I am now only getting 0.8w
out. The other three bands are all normal. Same condition whether I'm using
antenna or dummy load. Rx performance is fine on all bands. R36 is soldered
in place. I tried re-alignment based on comments in earlier list postings
relating to a similar problem but with no effect. Before I start pulling
things apart, it would be really useful to have suggestions from the list's
collective wisdom for possible suspects. For information, I have a KAT-1
installed and use a WM-2 qrp wattmeter for output measurements. Thanks in
advance. Regards and 72 de Steve.

Re: K1 lost power on 15m

W2BJ
On 10/15/04 6:37 AM, "G4GTU" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I recently lost about 75% power out on 15m on my K1-4 (#1219) for no
> apparent reason. Regardless of the 'out' setting, I am now only getting 0.8w
> out. The other three bands are all normal. Same condition whether I'm using
> antenna or dummy load. Rx performance is fine on all bands. R36 is soldered
> in place. I tried re-alignment based on comments in earlier list postings
> relating to a similar problem but with no effect. Before I start pulling
> things apart, it would be really useful to have suggestions from the list's
> collective wisdom for possible suspects. For information, I have a KAT-1
> installed and use a WM-2 qrp wattmeter for output measurements. Thanks in
> advance. Regards and 72 de Steve.

I am facing a similar problem with my K1.  In my case it is a problem with
20 meters.  I have no output on that band, but normal output on all of the
others.  The problem occurred suddenly.  I did not get to read the advice
given to Steve.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

72,

Barry, W2BJ