K1 on 80m band

Petr, OK1RP/M0SIS
Hi all,

I would like to gently ask for help.
Is it possible to add 80m band to K1 using 4-bands module?

My daddy has in his K1 40/30/20/15 band module currently but
as he like 80m he would like to add 80m band to his K1.
Is there any combination like 80/40/30/20 or so available please?

Thank You for tip what I should order or purchase for him.

73 - Petr, OK1RP

73 - Petr, OK1RP
"Apple & Elecraft freak"
B:http://ok1rp.blogspot.com
MeWe: https://bit.ly/2HGPoDx
MeWe: https://bit.ly/2FmwvDt

Re: K1 on 80m band

Don Wilhelm-4
Petr,

There is no easy way to add 80 meters to the 4 band board - it would
take a large re-design effort and would produce only 3 bands when you
finish with it.  There are only 2 Low Pass filters, one with a cutoff
above 30 meters and the other with a cutoff frequency above 15 meters.
80 meters requires a low pass filter with a cutoff frequency less than 7
MHz to eliminate the 2nd harmonic.

The best solution is a 2 band board built for 80 meters and any other
band.  The 2 band board does not have the "band pairing" limitation like
the 4 band board.  Any band combination is possible.