K1 question RFI?

John Wiener
I am on vacation and using my K1.  I don't have much in the way of tools and no test equipment.
My model ( serial 02676 ) has a 4 band module.

On 40 30 and 20M bands  I get a spike interference of about 4/sec in the first 15 KHz of the bands.
This does not occur on 15M.  It could be an RFI source but thought I'd ask.
Odd to be on the first 15 KHz of 3 out of 4 bands

Advice appreciated

73

John
AB8O

Re: K1 question RFI?

Don Wilhelm-4
John,

I cannot understand (with the data you have provided) how the K1 could
be causing something like that.
Can you hear it with the antenna disconnected?  If so it is a source
outside the K1.
If it persists with no antenna, the next step is to check the power
source - power it from a battery (an automotive battery with the vehicle
not running is perfect if there is no alternative).  If it is still
present with the battery, and with no antenna, you could conclude that
it is being produced in the K1.
If it is external to the K1, there is likely not much you can do about
it in a vacation situation.

There are noise sources that are frequency limited (just due to the
physics of the source), and they could actually be harmonics.

Do they appear at only one frequency on the band, or are there multiples
per band?  If only one spike per band, what are the frequencies for each
band?