K1 question on output pwr setting

bud73
I have a K1 that I built about one year ago.
I am very happy with it and it works FB.
However, I have this quirky thing when trying to set the power output.
I feel the "problem" is all mine ... but, I can't figure out how to correct it.
When I press the wpm + and wpm - buttons  together I can set my power out to five watts output.
No problem here.
If I turn the K1 off and then on again, the output power is at max, 7 or 8 watts or so.
Then I have to reset the power output as described above back to 5 watts.
It's annoying and I feel the output power should stay at what I set it at when the K1 is fired up after being turned off.
Any ideas?

Bud,
NY1Z ...

Re: K1 question on output pwr setting

Don Wilhelm-4
  Bud,

How are you reducing the power?  With the WPM- button is my guess.
Set the menu OUT parameter to the power you want and it should stay.