K1 receive problems

Richard Haas
Mike, I had the same problem with 20 meters. Not enough signal coming in to
adjust the cans. The book told me I could wait until the transmit stage was
adjusted to do this. I have just finished my K1 and I waited until the
transmit stage was used and I adjusted the cans for full output on the 20
meter and 40 meter bands. Mine works great, NO PROBLEMS doing it this way.
Just watch the output. It might go up so you need to lower it if it does as
you do the adjusting. Make sure the power source is at least 1 amp or more.
I had to change mine since I was using a wall wart to start and the output
was jumping up and down. I went to a 20 amp supply I had on my bench and it
settled it down. Great receiver. I can pick up signals on the K1 that I
don't hear on my Yaesu FT950.
Good luck

Richard   WB4SNU