K1 test supplies

ki4bbl
So I get my K1 today, and would like to know what, if any test gear I
need.  I have a multimeter, and I am putting together the mini modules
dummy load and signal generator.  I would like to get the spectrograph
software for my touch, but I guess that is where I need suggestions.
Thanks and happy building.

Greg Doughty
KI4BBL

Greg
ki4bbl

Re: K1 test supplies

Don Wilhelm-4
Greg,

Other than your DMM and dummy load, you will not need anything else if
all goes well.
A comment on your "multimeter" -- if that is an older analog type, you
should replace it with a DMM (digital type) because the analog type uses
a high voltage for measuring resistance and will turn active devices
into conduction and give you erroneous readings.  Even an inexpensive
DMM like the type that go on sale for less than $10 at places like
Harbor Freight will work just fine.

The signal generator (I assume the XG2) can be used for making MDS
measurements and setting the S-meter response.
If you run into trouble, you may need a stronger signal source on each
of the K1 bands covered - another transmitter operating into a dummy
load will do for that task.  If you have trouble with the transmit
section, you will need an RF Probe to do Transmit Signal Tracing.