K2+1 now 95% finished...

Tom Althoff
The mechanicals are done.   Just need to order a male DC plug for the Aux 12VDC inside the KAT100, get the 10pin ribbon cable assembly and mount the SO-239s and aux fan.

Here are some shots of what a K2-plus-1 looks like:

http://www.k2ta.com/k2plus1_front1.jpg
http://www.k2ta.com/k2plus1_front2.jpg
http://www.k2ta.com/k2plus1_side1.jpg

I had to drill a pair of holes in the K2 bottom cover/rear panel heat sink for a pair of screws.   I may remove them at some point and use threaded rods/nuts instead.   But this was all done with just the hardware left over from when I removed the bail and feet from the k2 so I used what I had.
http://www.k2ta.com/k2plus1_screw.jpg

Here's the trick to mounting the KAT-100 front panel flush with the K2.
The lower 2d connector has had its threads drilled out and the 4-40 screws from the bail assembly screw into the upper 2d in the K2.
http://www.k2ta.com/k2plus1_2d.jpg

It's really nice to have a K2/100 with built-in auto-tuner and paddle that can be held between the fingers and thumb of one hand and taken anywhere.

73 de Tom K2TA
K2+1 #1117