K2 #4130 on the air in SSB !!!

JEAN-FRANCOIS MENARD-2
Hi,

First of all, I would like to thanks Elecraft and his fabulous team
that give us memorable moments building their kits !!! It's the first
time in my life I have so much fun and desire to do something.... even
on a beautiful sunny day !!! ;-)

And YES !!! Finally K2 #4130 is on the air in SSB !!! I made my first
real QSO yesterday. I receive only excellent comments. I'm using my
Kenwood hand microphone that I receive with my TS-2000. It's not a desk
mike but everybody told me that my audio was excellent.... it's not
only the mic, it's my K2 also. :-)

I transmit at about 13W. I receive very good quality report. I also got
a better report than someone transmitting with 100W with a so so
antenna !!!

I'm using a vertical V antenna on 80M, well calibrated with my
MFJ-259B... so no antenna tuner is necessary between 3.750 to 3.790.

I'm very surprised of the perfromance and people comments. When you
hear people telling those comments about something you build and
using.... you can't feel better !!! ... and even when it's your first
time building project !!!

73 and hope to hear you soon Elecraft folks !!!

Jean-François Ménard / VA2VYZ
[hidden email]

Amateur Radio Club of Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada

Web site: http://homepage.mac.com/jfmenard