K2 #4687 is on the air

Bob Evans-4
Wow, I can't believe all those parts really turn into a radio.  The
electronic design of the radio may be pretty good, but Christine ("This
subassembly packed by: Christine") did an absolutely PERFECT job of packing
every single part correctly.  Amazing.

Anyway, lessons learned that may help someone later:

1)  L31 was shipped to me as a 10uH shielded Inductor, but my PLL Reference
Oscillator Range would not go higher than 9.45 kHz until Lisa (in Parts)
shipped me a 12uH replacement.  The range is now over 12 kHz as I remember.

2)  Take a nap before installing T4.  I managed to install it BACKWARDS as I
went past midnight in my assembly excitement.  The rig still put out 8-10W,
but the current was at 4A.  Lucky I didn't smoke anything in the rig!  After
fixing T4, the rig puts out 18W at just under 3A.

Lastly, a big thanks to Gary, AB7MY.  He helped me find the answers to these
issues very quickly and I really appreciate his advice.

Now on to the KPA100 and DSP units.  See you on the air.

Bob K5WA