K2 #7261 receive 20m

Don Baucom
On 20 meters, I hear a s1 signal at 14.057.  (it is not heard on my K3)I have also noticed that if I answer a strong CQ after I stop sending, his signal has dropped 3 or 4 s units. It will build back up after I stop sending. I thought it was QSB, but it seems to happen too much. I checked the sensitivity with the xg3 and it seems to be fine

Any ideas

73

Thanks
Don

K4YND

Re: K2 #7261 receive 20m

Mike K8CN
Hi Don,

Does the slow recovery problem occur only on 20 meters, or is it present on every band?

Does the problem still exist if you turn the AGC totally off?

73,
Mike, K8CN

Re: K2 #7261 receive 20m

Don Baucom
Mike,
Now it seems to be fine. I answered a couple of stations booming in for the WAE on 20 and all is good. Not sure where I had the AGC set, now it is on fast.

I still hear a internal signal at 14.057. Maybe that is ok?

Don

Re: K2 #7261 receive 20m

Don Wilhelm-4
Don,

Yes, on the K2, there is an internal weak signal at 14057.4 heard in CW
mode.  It is 10 to 15 dB above the noise floor and is normally covered
by atmospheric noise with an antenna connected.

On 8/10/2014 6:28 PM, Don Baucom wrote:
> Mike,
> Now it seems to be fine. I answered a couple of stations booming in for the
> WAE on 20 and all is good. Not sure where I had the AGC set, now it is on
> fast.
>
> I still hear a internal signal at 14.057. Maybe that is ok?

Message delivered to [hidden email]