K2 #7375 Progress!

N8CEP

K2 #7375 progress!

Control board complete. Front Panel complete. RF Board Assembly Part 1 finished and Alignment and Test Part 1 finished. So far no catastrophies or burned fingers! Everything checked out as it should. Ready to start on RF Board Assembly Part 2.

Going to quit for tonight. Don't want to work on it when I get tired. A lot of progress today!

73
Keith N8CEP

Re: K2 #7375 Progress!

N8CEP
Moving steadily through the RF board assembly Part 2. I have been slowed by waiting for Elecraft to send me a couple of parts. Two Resistor Packs that were in the kit for the control board were the wrong type. They were sent right away.

The other missing part may be my own fault. I was sure it was here earlier but can't find it now at all. Turned the place upside down looking for it. Oh well, just a short wait for Elecraft and the USPS.

This is my 4th K2 by the way. The instructions for some parts of the build have been improved greatly!
Good job Elecraft!!!

73, Keith N8CEP

Re: K2 #7375 Progress!

N8CEP
K2 #7375 is alive and well!  It is a basic CW 10 watt K2. I will probably add the autotuner and AF filter in the next few months. For now I am going to clear a few other projects off the bench and just enjoy the K2!

73 Keith N8CEP

Re: K2 #7375 Progress!

KC9QQ
Congratulations on the good start.  It sounds like you are well on your way to a successful build.  I built SN 6674 about 4 years ago and have had a blast with it.  I added the KSB2 this summer and managed to uncover a bad solder joint from my original build!!  Check every joint and take your time and it will work the first time you fire it up.

73,

Fred, KC9QQ

Re: K2 #7375 Progress!

ny4g
Congrats on your progress.  I started SN7105 in March of 2011 and did not finish till June.  I took it very slow and methodical and I inspected every joint for good flow.  I only worked when I was fresh.  When June rolled around I had added every option except for the KXPA100 deck.  I did not have a single hitch. I passed all the resistance checks.   The signal generator helped out a lot in the alignment.  I probably took twice as long as I should have.  I really enjoyed the building process.

Ariel NY4G