K2: Alignment and Test Part II

Linden, Mike (BRC-Hes)
  After setting L30 for 6v at R30 at 4 MHz, I am reading 1.53V at 3.5 MHz.
While this is above the 1.5V limit, is it a little bit too close for comfort
or is it OK? The voltages for the other band edges are all well within the
specified range.

  Also, when adjusting the filter BFO values I found that the BFO frequency
being displayed would sometimes slowly alternate back-and-fourth between two
close frequencies. I believe this is because the frequency counter is being
used to display the frequency and that this is normal. Is this the case?

  Thanks, Michael N9BDF
          K2 SN #4137

PS  The "Amateur Radio Emergency Communications Consistency Act" (HR 1478)
and the "Amateur Radio Spectrum Protection Act" (HR 713 & S. 537) are in
Congress. Please contact your Congressmen to ask for their support of these
bills! See the following ARRL link for details:
http://www.arrl.org/govrelations/ <http://www.arrl.org/govrelations/>

Re: K2: Alignment and Test Part II

G3VVT
The VCO voltage reading is within the tolerances quoted by Elecraft so is
normal.

However this is not the whole story as you have to look at the results for
all bands rather than just this one and ensure that they also fall within the
stated limits. On my K2 on 40m with 80m set as advised in VCO alignment (P61)
in  Alignment and Test, Part II, 7000kHz was below the quoted figure of
greater than  1.5V. This meant a juggling act to balance up the readings.

What I ended up with was:

3500kHz = 2.40V
4000kHz = 6.85V
7000kHz = 1.50V
7300kHz = 2.95V.

On all other bands the VCO voltage readings were well within the tolerances
of greater than 1.5V and less than 7.5V.

Bob, G3VVT
K2 #4168

RE: K2: Alignment and Test Part II

Linden, Mike (BRC-Hes)
Bob,

  I agree... In my case, the voltage at 3.5 MHz was the ONLY voltage that
was anywhere near a limit.

  Thanks, Michael N9BDF
               K2 SN #4137

  _____