K2 Audio problem..a different solution

dbp tds.net
I had a problem with my K2 with low audio as well, after more than a
couple years of no problems. I had used many headphone sets in that time aiming
at the epitome for me.
     In my zeal I had exercised the phone plug too much, a call To Elecraft
pointed out the cure: it had to be replaced. It felt alomost right inserting
the phone plug, but it wasn't switching correctly.
     The plug itself is not easy to find locally. The folks at Elecraft new the
issue and quickly sent a new phone plug.
     The front panel comes off very easily and the new plug solders on without
a problem. My audio problem solved.
     Thanks Elecraft.
    73 de Dave K1OPQ in NH