K2 Control board resistance checks

Paul Huff-3
Hi everybody,

I recently started building a K2 and I've just finished the assembly of the
control board.  My resistance checks are all within specs except two of them are
just a little bit off.  My readings at pins 29 and 30 of U6 are a little bit
higher than those listed in the table.  (I'm getting about 96.3 K and the table
lists 70-90 K.)  I think that these readings are probably OK, but I thought that
I would ask someone who has "been there and done that."  Is there any need to be
concerned about these checks?

Thanks in advance and 73,
Paul - N8XMS

Re: K2 Control board resistance checks

Don Wilhelm-4
Paul,

Yes, those are OK.  They are the DOT and DASH lines to the
microprocessor and have nothing else but U6 on the Control Board to
bring the resistance down.

In general, a 10% deviation from the values listed in the manual are
close enough.

Paul Huff wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I recently started building a K2 and I've just finished the assembly of the
> control board.  My resistance checks are all within specs except two of them are
> just a little bit off.  My readings at pins 29 and 30 of U6 are a little bit
> higher than those listed in the table.  (I'm getting about 96.3 K and the table
> lists 70-90 K.)  I think that these readings are probably OK, but I thought that
> I would ask someone who has "been there and done that."  Is there any need to be
> concerned about these checks?
>
> Thanks in advance and 73,
> Paul - N8XMS

Re: K2 Control board resistance checks

David_3
Wow, I'm glad I found this post.  I just completed building the control board for my K2, and found the resistance on U6 pins 29 and 30 to be 96.4K.  I didn't really think it was an issue, but it is always nice to have someone else confirm it.  All other resistance checks were within specs.

Thanks.

Re: K2 Control board resistance checks

Don Wilhelm-4
What post?  Your post makes no sense without a bit of reference material.
Sorry, but I subscribe to the Elecraft reflector and do not have time
for threaded conversations that might appear on nabble.

Please copy a bit of your referenced text in the future.

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: K2 Control board resistance checks

David_3
Sorry Don, I'm new to the the Reflector, and didn't mean to create a problem. I figured since I was replying to a particular thread, it would all make sense.  I guess I was wrong. So hopefully, here is  some reference material.  If I screw it up this time, just ignore everything, and I'll go away entirely.

Dave

<quote author="Don Wilhelm-4">

Paul Huff wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I recently started building a K2 and I've just finished the assembly of the
> control board.  My resistance checks are all within specs except two of them are
> just a little bit off.  My readings at pins 29 and 30 of U6 are a little bit
> higher than those listed in the table.  (I'm getting about 96.3 K and the table
> lists 70-90 K.)  I think that these readings are probably OK, but I thought that
> I would ask someone who has "been there and done that."  Is there any need to be
> concerned about these checks?
>
> Thanks in advance and 73,
> Paul - N8XMS

Don Wilhelm-4 wrote
What post?  Your post makes no sense without a bit of reference material.
Sorry, but I subscribe to the Elecraft reflector and do not have time
for threaded conversations that might appear on nabble.

Please copy a bit of your referenced text in the future.

On 7/13/2014 10:46 PM, David_3 wrote:
> Wow, I'm glad I found this post.  I just completed building the control board
> for my K2, and found the resistance on U6 pins 29 and 30 to be 96.4K.  I
> didn't really think it was an issue, but it is always nice to have someone
> else confirm it.  All other resistance checks were within specs.

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: K2 Control board resistance checks

Don Wilhelm-4
David,

Welcome to the world of Elecraft.

Do stay around - no harm done.  If you are using Nabble to respond, know
that those of us on the official Elecraft reflector see only what you
wrote and none of what you are referring to - unless you copy a bit of
it in your post.  Nabble is not maintained by Elecraft - it is a
secondary service.

The Elecraft list is not threaded, and it comes in as sequential
emails.  My email client can show the posts as threaded if I want, but
then I don't keep all emails on my computer, and I prefer not to use the
threaded view.  With a bit of reminder text, most posts make sense for
me - but with no reminders, they often have little meaning.

It does sound like you got through the resistance checks OK.  Enjoy the
rest of the K2 build.