K2 - How low (in voltage) can it go?

Chris Kimball
I'm testing my K2 for portable operation by repeated transmit/receive cycles on the batteries using digiatl modes (Oliva 8/500).

Of course, transmit takes more current and lowers the applied battery voltage from the receive value.  Currently, the battery can have a voltage in the low 11 volts on receive and go below 9 volts on transmit as the battery is depleted.

What happens to the quality of the K2 output as the battery voltage decreases?  Should I plan to stop sending at some battery level on transmit?  (i'm getting output below 9 V). Or will the K2 simply stop sending when the end is reached?

Thanks,

Chris
NQ8Z

Re: K2 - How low (in voltage) can it go?

wayne burdick
Administrator
The K2 automatically reduces maximum power output based on supply
voltage. I believe you can still get a few watts out at 9.5 V, for
example.

73,
Wayne
N6KR