K2 KAF2 problems

Millerhill
I just completed my KAF2 audio filter and installed it. All is well...BUT I'm not able to set the clock and the date. The display works and I get the default numbers for both date and time, but when I tap the band buttons nothing happens. Everything else functions correctly.

Steve

Steve Roberts
W1SFR
Elecraft K2
Sudbury, VT

Re: K2 KAF2 problems

Don Wilhelm-4
Steve,

Read and re-read the instructions for setting the date and the time.
You must do them *exactly* as specified in the instructions.  Do not
make any assumptions and do not attempt any shortcuts.  You must set the
date first and then the time.  Any alteration of the sequence will
result in failure.

It was designed that way so that inadvertent attempts to "punch buttons"
(think Field Day operators not familiar with the K2) would not be able
to change the time settings.