K2 PLL Reference Osc Range Low

Jim KO5V
Hi Don,

Thanks for the reply. I did the voltage checks that you suggested, and all look good. For U6 pin 1, "near 8V" is 7.6V. I hope that's close enough.

Ray, SM5LXP, emailed that he had seen the same problem, and it was found to be a faulty L31. So today, I got another one and replaced it. Sure enough, the range went to 13.5kHz.

Unfortunately, there are still a couple of glitches:

1. For the VCO voltage range readings, all were well within spec with L30 adjusted to 6.0V @ 4000KHz, except the voltage at 7000kHz. It was 1.26V. I had to adjust L30 to 6.67V (@4000kHz) to get a reading of >1.50V @ 7000kHz. All others are still well within range. Is this OK, or should I be looking for a problem?

2. I get a 0000.00 reading for the BFO test. I checked the continuity of L33 via the leads of R116 on the top of the board. That looks good (1.3ohms). I replaced the 2 XTALS, with no change, and have checked that diodes, and capacitors are all the correct parts. The soldering looks good.

Now, what's probably a dumb question: I have an XG-2 signal generator. To perform the tests in the troubleshooting section of the manual (pages10&11), Does the output level of the XG2 matter (50uV, vs 1uV)?
I'm not sure I did this correctly before (I used the 40M band).

Thanks again, & 73, Jim KO5V