K2 PLL Temp Comp mod kit parts question

Mike B-12
I recently purchased the K2 PLL Temp Comp mod kit, and it came with Rev
D (3 Feb 04) instructions.  A couple places in the instructions mention
replacing L31 (originally 10uH, which my rig has) with a 12 uH inductor.

Yet the parts list states it should be a 10 uH, and I was shipped a 10 uH.

Which is right?  Considering the instruction sheet is over a year old, I
would have thought any typos would have been caught by now.
Mike Boice, KW1ND
Karns, TN
Behold the power of the penguin
Reclaim Your Inbox!  http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/

RE: K2 PLL Temp Comp mod kit parts question

Don Wilhelm-3
Mike,

Yes, ignore that inductor change.  The inductor necessary depends a lot on
the crystal that shipped with your kit, and the proper value has changed
from 10 uH to 12 uH and back a few times over the life of the K2.  Put in
the 10 uH (or re-use the one that is currently installed) and wait until you
do the PLL range test before becoming concerned.

Also relevant - check th eElecraft Builder's Resource Page on the Elecraft
website and you will see a new note stating that a PLL range of 8.8 to 18
kHz is an acceptable range.