K2 S/N 4787 in Progress

Jim Harris-4
Hi Everyone,

First, my thanks to everyone for all their help with
this odyssey.

I've completed the 40 meter alignment in part III of
the RF board.  At 10 watts the K2 is consuming 2.1 to
2.2 amps.  Starts about 2.1 and after about 10 seconds
works up to about 2.2 amps.  I've used an external amp
meter and the two agree closely.  The specs are
1.8-2.0 amps with instructions to troubleshoot if much
above 2 amps.  For 5 watts 1.64 amps are consumed.
Spec is 1.3-1.6 with a note that it may be higher than
expected.  I've rechecked the insulator on Q7 and Q8.
Their collectors are 3.8k ohms to ground.  Is this a
phantom or do I have a real problem?

The S-meter is normally about S8 and pegs right when
an antenna is connected.  I have re-calibrated it
twice and did another visual on the solder.  Any
thoughts.

The PLL range was 9.4khz.  That is below published
spec but there is more than one email on the reflector
from the Elecraft staff indicating down to 9.1khz is
okay.

Other than a masking situation on the covers
everything has been fine.  Some assembly steps could
have been organized a bit better IMHO.  I'm still not
completely sure about the capacitors as I haven't
aligned all bands yet.  I've had to correct some of my
own mistakes including verifying the reverse polarity
diode works as advertised.

Thanks again and have a great day.

Jim, AB0UK