K2: Sound when switching off k2 after installing KIO2

K2: Sound when switching off k2 after installing KIO2

Michael van Hauten
I installed a KIO in my new k2. All works well, all tests with the KIO installed passed without any problem. But: everytime when switching off the K2 i hear a short sound (sounds like "tscherp") in the speaker. With KIO removed, there is only a short klick at power down.
Is there a problem or is this sound created from the KIO and normal behavior?

Michael, DC0ZO
K2#6614, K3#1999

Re: K2: Sound when switching off k2 after installing KIO2

John-483
At 03:07 PM 07/04/09, you wrote:
>I installed a KIO in my new k2. All works well, all tests with the
>KIO installed passed without any problem. But: everytime when
>switching off the K2 i hear a short sound (sounds like "tscherp") in
>the speaker. With KIO removed, there is only a short klick at power down.
>Is there a problem or is this sound created from the KIO and normal behavior?
>
>Michael, DC0ZO
>K2#6614, K3#1999

Hi Michael,

I have KIO2 in each of my K2's and they make a noise when powered off
also. It is more than just a click. I've had them for 8 years, no
problems with them yet.

Not to worry.

John
k7up