K2 - T3 FT50-43

Bob Mallory
Just getting to the Toroid Building section of the base K2.  I've noticed that I don't have a FT50-43 (.5" gray Ferrite Core), but I have two of the T50-6's, the Yellow Iron-powder core.

Does anyone know or have tried the Yellow Iron-powder core for the T3 winding?  Or should I contact Elecraft to get the correct one?

Thanks...
Bob K8TOB

Re: K2 - T3 FT50-43

Don Wilhelm-4
Bob,

Don't even think about using that yellow core at T3 - that core must
have a high permeability (as do all the other transformers except T5).
T5 is really a tapped inductor rather than a true transformer.

email [hidden email] and ask for the correct core.