[K2] TUNE+DISPLAY Command w/ KAT100/KAT2

[K2] TUNE+DISPLAY Command w/ KAT100/KAT2

Brian - N5BCN
Despite re-reading the manual, I'm still a little unclear on what the TUNE+DISPLAY command does with a KAT100 or KAT2 tuner.

What I THINK it does is:

1) temporarily disables AUTO TUNE and its 2 or 20 watt limit
2) enters (normal) TUNE at the requested power level
3) displays the current swr

Is this correct?
Is it showing swr with or without the tuner's L and C values in the circuit?
And lastly, what would most people use this command for?

My K2/KAT100 seems to always show 1.0-1 when using TUNE+DISPLAY.

73,

N5BCN, Brian

Re: [K2] TUNE+DISPLAY Command w/ KAT100/KAT2

Don Wilhelm-4
Brian,

Yes, that is correct - see the KAT100 manual page 32.
The display is the power and SWR.
It is rarely used, and is only intended to display the power with the L
and C values that had been previously set by a TUNE.
That SWR displayed is that at the input of the tuner.  It cannot be used
to measure the SWR of the antenna unless you change the ATU menu to CAL
(That sets the L and C selection to bypass).