K2 Transmitted Phase Noise

m0trx
Dear All,

A quick search on Nabble produced some posts from several years back discussing the transmitted phase noise present when using the K2 with the KPA100 PA stage **see below for links**. However, I was unable to find any firm conclusions to these discussions i.e. a response from Elecraft itself.

Now it may well be that the output of the K2 conforms to FCC regulations. However, if the level of phase noise is far greater than that of other commercial transceivers then I see this as being a problem. I am the owner and builder of K2 #6593 and am currently considering building the KPA100. It is for this reason that I am keen to receive any thoughts/conclusions on this matter.

**
http://www.mail-archive.com/elecraft@mailman.qth.net/msg64330.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/elecraft@mailman.qth.net/msg04311.html
**