K2 Trouble Shooting

kc2egl-2
Suddenly my DSP, Noise Blanker, Internal Antenna Tuner, and XV50(will not power up when I change band to 6M, I have checked all cables for continuity.) will not operate.  When I try to set my Noise Blanker the not installed message shows on the display.  When I try to toggle my way through to the DSP and other settings by pressing Display all I get is the power setting screen displaying E13.7, 0.38 .  I have a feeling I may have nudged something while working at my desk.  Is there  a way to reset everything?

Any and all help will be greatly apreciated.

73
Michael
KC2EGL

Re: K2 Trouble Shooting

Don Wilhelm-4
Michael,

You apparently are having some kind of problem with the AUXBUS signal
inside the K2.
I doubt if a reset will do any good, but if you want to try it, record
all your menu settings (including all the filter settings) before doing
the reset because the reset will restore all those settings to factory
defaults.  If you wish to proceed with the reset, hold the 4, 5, and 6
buttons down while powering the K2 on.

I would rather suggest that you reseat the microprocessor chip (control
board U6) and the options that are not being recognized.  I am mystified
because you did not say you were getting any INFO 080 messages which are
the most common result of an AUXBUS communication failure.