K2 Utility

John.m0cdl
Hi I can't seem to find the K2 software download utility? i can see the ones for the K3 and others but not the K2! would someone kindly point me to it please, Many Thanks, John M0CDL.

Re: K2 Utility

wd8qwr
There is no software download for a K2. K2's do not use user configurable firmware.
You can buy it through the parts dept. It is on the order form.

Phil

---- "John.m0cdl via Elecraft" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi I can't seem to find the K2 software download utility? i can see the ones
> for the K3 and others but not the K2! would someone kindly point me to it
> please, Many Thanks, John M0CDL.

> Message delivered to [hidden email]

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: K2 Utility

Guy Olinger K2AV
Hi John,

In the K2 the only way to upgrade firmware is to purchase a new
firmware IC and replace the old IC. Field upgradable firmware via serial
port and utility program not available until the K3.

73, Guy K2AV

--
Sent via Gmail Mobile on my iPhone

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: K2 Utility

Don Wilhelm
John,

There is no K2 Utility.
To update the firmware in the K2, you must buy the firmware ICs. See the
Elecraft website - Mods and updates tab - then Spare Parts and Mod Kits
- then K2.

On 10/3/2016 10:26 AM, John.m0cdl via Elecraft wrote:
> Hi I can't seem to find the K2 software download utility? i can see the ones
> for the K3 and others but not the K2! would someone kindly point me to it
> please, Many Thanks, John M0CDL.

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: K2 Utility

Phil Wheeler-2
John,

If you have a newly built K2 all firmware should
be the latest.

If you have an older one, purchased used, you may
or may not need to upgrade the firmware by
obtaining the ICs from Elecraft. To make that
determination you must disassemble the K2 so you
can see the firmware ICs and note the version
written on them. Then look at the Elecraft site as
Don says below and see if your chips are the
latest -- and what any needed updates will do for you.

The K2 was designed in the late 1990s. It and
other early Elecraft transceivers (e.g. K1, KX1)
did not have the capability to update firmware via
downloads but required replacing the firmware
integrated circuits.

73, Phil W7OX