K2 VFO shaft diam?

Don Baucom
I am going to order a VFO knob from the 73cnc site, I need to determine if I have a 6mm or 1/4 inch dia  encoder.

I tried to measure with my cheap plastic ruler. 6mm is too close to 1/4 for me to be sure.

I have #7621 purchased 12/16/11.

Thanks
K4YND

Re: K2 VFO shaft diam?

Don Wilhelm-4
Don,

If you have the new encoder (with the encoder board), you have the 6mm
shaft.  The old encoders have a 1/4 inch shaft.

You can tell which encoder you have by removing the VFO knob.  Look to
the right of the encoder shaft and you will find a small hole in the
front panel metalwork.  If that hole is empty, you have the new
encoder.  If instead you see a green pin in that hole, you have the old
encoder.

On 1/3/2015 2:12 PM, Don Baucom wrote:
> I am going to order a VFO knob from the 73cnc site, I need to determine if I
> have a 6mm or 1/4 inch dia  encoder.
>
> I tried to measure with my cheap plastic ruler. 6mm is too close to 1/4 for
> me to be sure.
>
> I have #7621 purchased 12/16/11.

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: K2 VFO shaft diam?

Don Wilhelm-4
OOOPS, I got it backwards - a new encoder shaft measures 0.251 with my
calipers (close enough to 1/4 inch) while an old encoder measured 0.235
inches - close enough to a nominal 6mm.