K2 building question

Daniel Kreithen

Hi -

I'm in the process of building my K2.  I've completed the control board, and am performing the resistance checks as recommended in the manual.  All check out OK except for the test for pins 29 and 30 of U6 (the dash and dot/ptt pins).  The resistance values as stated in the manual are 70-90 kohms.  I'm reading 96 kohms on both pins.  Do I have a problem?  My DMM is an inexpensive one, so is the 7% deviation to be expected (within tolerances).  If this is bad, any ideas on what to check?  Thanks,

Dan Kreithen
AE3E
[hidden email]

Re: K2 building question

Don Wilhelm-4

Dan,

In this particular case, a little high is not a problem - low might be
problematic.
Normally if a single value is listed for a resistance check, allow a +/-
10% tolerance, but when a range is listed, normally the readings you
obtain should fall within the listed range.