K2 control Board Resistance Checks

Chuck Gehring
I just finished the assembly and resistance checks (IAW page 21) on my K2
Control Board.  All but two of the resistance checks appeared okay.  However
the Q1 Collector and Q2 Collector read 3.5K and 4.5K respectively.  The K2
manual states that I should read a value greater than 1M.  I will go back
and check for solder bridges etc. again.  Any recommendations on what else
that I might check during this assembly stage would be greatly appreciated

73, KI4DGH

Chuck Gehring

Re: K2 control Board Resistance Checks

Don Wilhelm-3
Chuck,

Try reversing your DMM probes - it is possible that no real problem exists.
(the 8T and 8R lines are not used on the Control Board, so the resistance
checks should indicate only that nothing is shorted - the fact that you show
similar reading on both lines - and both show some resistance - cause me to
suspect your DMM)

> Control Board.  All but two of the resistance checks appeared okay.
> However
> the Q1 Collector and Q2 Collector read 3.5K and 4.5K respectively.  The K2
> manual states that I should read a value greater than 1M.  I will go back
> and check for solder bridges etc. again.  Any recommendations on what else
> that I might check during this assembly stage would be greatly appreciated

RE: K2 control Board Resistance Checks

Rich Lentz
If you get strange readings after reversing the leads try reading the
resistance on pin 21 (8R) and pin 23 (8T) of P2 Look at Appendix B "Control
Board."  even the best of us occasionally mistake the pin out on
transistors.

Rich,
KE0X