K2 parts question

lstavenhagen
Hi all,

Ok, I've called the parts inventory good, except two parts for the RF board that I couldn't quite figure out and made a guess that they were right. But not sure:

C33 - this part is listed as a 2.2pf cap which should have a label "2R2 or "2" according to the parts list. I could only find a small disk cap with what looked like "2.2" on it, not "2R2" or "2". Is that the correct part?

C22 - the Value column just has "pf)", the description says it should be labelled "2R7", "3", "3.3", or "3R3". In the end I could only find a small blue cap with "2.7" on it leftover and assumed this was C22. Is this right? The schematic shows a 3.3pf cap here...

What say ye folks?

Thanks es 73,

LS

Re: K2 parts question

Don Wilhelm-4
LS,

Small capacitors are marked in several ways it may have the actual value
expressed as a decimal, such as 2.2 or there may be an "R" in place of
the decimal point, such as 2R2.  It is all the same.  How they are
marked depends on the manufacturer, and is subject to change from time
to time.

C33 can be 2 pF, 2.2 pF (also marked with 2R2 - same thing)
C22 can be 2.7 pF, 3 pF or 3.3 pF - the decimal point may be replaced
with an R in any of these.

It seems you have the correct capacitors located.

lstavenhagen wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Ok, I've called the parts inventory good, except two parts for the RF board
> that I couldn't quite figure out and made a guess that they were right. But
> not sure:
>
> C33 - this part is listed as a 2.2pf cap which should have a label "2R2 or
> "2" according to the parts list. I could only find a small disk cap with
> what looked like "2.2" on it, not "2R2" or "2". Is that the correct part?
>
> C22 - the Value column just has "pf)", the description says it should be
> labelled "2R7", "3", "3.3", or "3R3". In the end I could only find a small
> blue cap with "2.7" on it leftover and assumed this was C22. Is this right?
> The schematic shows a 3.3pf cap here...
>
> What say ye folks?
>
> Thanks es 73,
>
> LS

Re: K2 parts question

lstavenhagen
Ok, thanks Don and everyone who's responded.

Even tho it's taken two days to do the inventory, it's been a highly educational 2 days which I consider an integral part of the whole educational experience I'm intending to have doing the kit. That's probably reason #1 I've decided to do the Elecraft, right behind #2 which is to end up with a really good CW rig ;). So I'm glad I've done it. Tho I think I will skip the Misc. bag inventory, since with a 100% completion rate so far that's probably a safe bet ;)

Looks like I'll be able to start the build this evening, so i'm sure to post more questions as I go along.

PS, looking at the boards and components I'm sure glad I got the suggested 1/32" tips for my iron as well as the .02 solder.... wow, those are some tiny parts!

But I'm having fun already!

73,
LS
W5QD

Re: K2 parts question

temilinrogers

As exam season approaches, students seek refuge in the comforting embrace of our take my proctored exam for me service. This invaluable lifeline not only offers security but empowers them to navigate the challenging waters of academia with ease, transforming their academic journey into a confident and successful voyage.