K2: the screws

jferg977
K2 screws rust in a marine environment.  It took mine about 6 months  aboard
Arcadian.  I bought round head 4/40 stainless screws.  They were  one inch
long.

I bet you wondered what those threaded holes were for in your connector
crimper pliers.
The 4-40 one worked just fine for shortening the screws.

I replaced all the screws in the KAT100 and the K2.  They look like
Russian radios now,
totally practical without regard to cosmetics.

Using raw stainless screws on your K3 might suggest that you are not a
"simple appliance
operator" but a practical heavy duty very experienced PRO.

Unfortunately, in my own case, I know I'm not fooling anyone.

73 AI4TO  John Ferguson  "In charge of what's wrong today"  M/V Arcadian
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221322936x1201367173/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&bcd
=Mayfooter51209NO115)

Re: K2: the screws

Don Wilhelm-4
John and all,

You can purchase black stainless steel 4-40 x 3/16 inch from McMaster
Carr www.mcmaster.com.
I believe one must buy a box of 100 minimum, but those should not rust
even in a marine environment.
They have flat-head (K3), pan-head (K2) or other head types.  They are a
great place to find hard to locate hardware items.