K3 DSP and the Hamblaster

wa9fvp
I posted a few time on this mailing list about problems with the K3 DSP.   I also mentioned a DSP Project and engineer and me worked on several years ago called "The Hamblaster".  I also mentioned that I wrote a Windows based program that allowed me to control the Hamblaster.   I decided to resurrect the program and using an Arduino, I hope to uprade the software and the old "ISA" based Hamblaster card to run on Win 7 and 8.

The attached image is a screen shot of the Hamblaster Control Panel.  Notice that there's freeze button for the noise reduction and the auto notch filter.  I also mention on a previous post that years ago this was something we experimented with and found that when you engage the auto notch filter and it converges on the tone, once the tone is removed, there's no need to continually update the filter.   The freeze button will halt the DSP/LMS algorithm and prevent it from converging on sinusoidal elements in the human speech.  It would be nice it there was a way to freeze the K3's auto notch.

Hamblaster Control Panel
Jack WA9FVP

Sent from my home-brew I5 Core PC