K3: Edgeport Question

k0wa@swbell.net

When I purchased by K3, I also got the KUSB kit as well.  Worked great for quite awhile but then developed some issues.  I think the issues were due to RF.  Of course, I have an amplifier and I use it (AL82).  I have all the standard grounds in the shack, tuners, and all that kind of stuff.  But, it seemed on the low bands the KUSB would choke and the only thing I can think of was RF.  I choked the lines with beads and all, but to no avail.  Finally, I think the thing went kaput and would not work anymore.  I replaced with with a RS232 cable to the back of the computer and have had no trouble since.  Now, I throw a lot of RF because I contest so I make runs.

With the that explaination....how does the Edgeport Devices work in a QRO environment.

Lee Buller - K0WA

The New Kansas QSO Party - August 29, Sat 9am-9pm and August 30 Sun 9am-3pm CDT
More Info at:  http://www.ksqsoparty.org/

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is Common Sense divine?

Re: K3: Edgeport Question

Greg - AB7R
I used a 4-port Edgeport when using my PC and running the AL-1500.  Did not have any
issues.  I have everything meticulously grounded to a SPG and my antennas are at least
70ft or more from the shack.
I don't use the Edgeport any longer since they don't have a MAC driver.  I have found
the Keyspan 4-port device to work great without ANY issues on both platforms.

73,
Greg - AB7R
Whidbey Island WA
NA-065