K3 Hissy and Noisy Audio

Roy Morris-6
There seems to be no consensus as to what the "hiss" or "noise" is.  Therefore, there is no consensus on how to fix it.  This noise, whatever it is, is something I can live with because I think the K3 is the best overall transceiver I have owned to date.
Forget this noise thing.  My main concern is the noise reduction.  I DO wish it could be improved.  It is too sharp in the SSB mode.  I can live with the sharp CW mode.  It is harsh at some audio frequencies regardless of NR settings.  I find the F1-1 setting to be tolerable, and it goes downhill from there.  Wayne, you stated you wanted to make a comparison with another transceiver.  Listen to the noise reduction on an Omni VII in SSB mode.  It does not generate sharp artifacts on a SSB signal regardless of whether a speaker or headphones are used.  With the NR turned on and the appropriate amount of attenuation inserted during heavy QRN conditions, the Omni VII almost sounds like it is squelched.  The signal just pops out of nowhere.  Noise reduction is better on the K3 in CW mode, however.  It sounds mushy on the Omni VII.
I hope something can be done to improve the NR in SSB mode.  Thanks.
Roy Morris  W4WFB
K2 #2225
K3 # 323
K3 # 2810