[K3} - K3 Powerpole

Rich
[K3}  -  K3 Powerpole

The positive (red) Powerpole plastic on my K3 broke while pushing it back on
my desk.
Has anyone replaced the plastic covers without taking the K3 apart? If so I
would like a plan of attack on fixing the Powerpole. Or, do I need to take
the back of partially, wholly, etc.

The "locking" pin is gone along with the red plastic cover. I have
replacement sets. Can I simply pull off the black one, connect the red and
black together, insert the locking pin in the notch, and shove it on. ? ?

Any guidance to fix this would be helpfully.

Rich Lentz,
KE0K

--
Sent from: http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: [K3} - K3 Powerpole

Don Wilhelm-5
Rich,

I have never had an APP connector break - but:

I think you will have to take the back cover off.  Part of the APP
connector is inside the K3.
You may be able to salvage the contact blade (be certain it is seated
all the way), but if you cannot, I recommend you download the assembly
instructions for one of the XV series transverters to see how those APP
connectors are installed using #14 gauge wire - the alternative is to
order new contact blades.
You can optionally glue a new locking pin in place once you have
completed the repair, but if you use "Superglue" between the halves of
the connector, that is seldom necessary.