[K3] K3 break in with amp question

mikerodgerske5gbc
I'm sure it was not realized but the company called SGC makes many ham radio products. They are most known for their smart tuners.
Also dsp speakers and powercube amps.

Although there is no mention of FCC certification, they do mention modification may cause decertification.
The USA model was shipped for all hf bands and required a mod for 10m like all others at the time. There are filters for all hf bands.

They have advertised in qst full page ads for the amp in the past.

I know this was a honest omission.
I'd just hate to see this cb thing get out of hand.

73
Mike R

Sent from my spy ring

Amateur/Ham Radio KE5GBC
HF & Echolink mobile

Re: [K3] K3 break in with amp question

Cookie
As I stated, my opinion is based strictly on the SGC web site, the information they choose to display and the terminology they choose to use.  I have not used or known anyone who used their products. but I would not touch one with a 3 meter pole.

Willis 'Cookie' Cooke
K5EWJ & Trustee N5BPS, USS Cavalla, USS Stewart

________________________________

Re: [K3] K3 break in with amp question

KD8NNU
Everyone who replied to my post thank you very much.

It confirmed my reading of the manual and what semi breakin vs full
break in.   I now know what I am doing is correct as I do the the proper
cables for PTT to trigger the amp.   I have found a good semi breakin
delay and everything works as it should

Thanks again for the replies.   I was basically concerned that I did not
properly understand what I had read as I have made these mistakes in the
past.

In regards to the amp it is not a CB amp but a very well constructed HAM
amp and it is highly sought after in the used market for mobile use.
My origional plans were to use it as a mobile but I tried it out in my
shack first and it never made it to the jeep.  Mine does have the
modification to turn 10 meters on.

Cheers
Don

~73