K3/KX3 Operating Tip: Displaying Menu Help Text

K3/KX3 Operating Tip: Displaying Menu Help Text

wayne burdick
Administrator
Both the K3 and KX3 provide help text for all menu entries. The
owner's manual provides a lot more information, of course, but the
built-in info display covers the basics, and that may be all you need.

Once you're in the menu, you can display information about the present
menu entry by doing the following:

    K3:   Tap DISP

    KX3:  Hold MENU for about 3 seconds

In both cases, the help text will scroll across the VFO B display. You
can stop it by tapping any switch.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

Re: K3/KX3 Operating Tip: Displaying Menu Help Text

MontyS
This is neat and helpful.  Thank you, Wayne.

Where was this hiding??
Monty K2DLJ

On Jul 12, 2012, at 2:43 PM, Wayne Burdick wrote:

> Both the K3 and KX3 provide help text for all menu entries. The
> owner's manual provides a lot more information, of course, but the
> built-in info display covers the basics, and that may be all you need.

Re: K3/KX3 Operating Tip: Displaying Menu Help Text

JP O'Connor
It is found in the KX3 user manual on page 35 in the second paragraph. It
is under the "Menu Help Information" heading. I keep finding useful little
nuggets just by slowly going through the manual with the radio at hand.
Wayne and team put a lot of good informaiton in the manual - and a lot of
good features in the radio. Amazing!

Wayne's operating tips are still very helpful since they highlight things
that we might have overlooked in the manual or remind us of things we had
previously seen and since forgotten.

72/73 de JP WF4Z